Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have a security suite w/ antivirus & spyware protection for free from my internet service prov

What other programs/software can I safely run to better protect my computer. I know you can't run 2 antivirus programs at the same time, but I've been told to run certain things like Trend Micro or AVG. Can I do that if I already have antivirus/spyware? The reason I'm asking is because I think I have lots of spyware/malware? If it helps the name of my antivirus is Cox High Speed Internet Security Suite.



I have a security suite w/ antivirus %26 spyware protection for free from my internet service provider...?internet security 2006



You can run either one of these, or both with it.



Spybot - Search %26 Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been ''hijacked'' (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S%26D is free.



http://www.spybot.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment